Compendium in ARKWORK
This compendium is a selection of texts produced during the COST Action ARKWORK. The aim of the compendium is to provide an overview of the research field of archaeological practices and knowldge work in the digital environment and a starting point in conducting research or learning more about archaeological practices and knowledge production, and digitalisation of archaeology.
The stable address of this page is purl.org/arkwork/compendium
- Huggett, J. (2021). Algorithmic Agency and Autonomy in Archaeological Practice. Open Archaeology, 7(1), 417–434.
- Isto Huvila; Jeremy Huggett. Archaeological Practices, Knowledge Work and Digitalisation. Journal of Computer Applications in Archaeology 2514-8362
- Reilly, P., Callery, S., Dawson, I., & Gant, S. (2021). Provenance Illusions and Elusive Paradata: When Archaeology and Art/Archaeological Practice Meets the Phygital. Open Archaeology, 7(1), 454–481.
Collections and data
- McKeague, P.; van't Veer, R.; Huvila, I.; Moreau, A.; Verhagen, P.; Bernard, L.; Cooper, A.; Green, C. & van Manen, N. Mapping Our Heritage: Towards a Sustainable Future for Digital Spatial Information and Technologies in European Archaeological Heritage Management. Journal of Computer Applications in Archaeology, 2019, 2, 89-104.
- Isto Huvila; Michael Olsson; Ixchel M. Faniel; Marija Dalbello; Costis Dallas Archaeological perspectives in information science. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology 2373-9231; 2373-9231
- Costas Papadopoulos, Paul Reilly, The digital humanist: Contested status within contesting futures, Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, Volume 35, Issue 1, April 2020, Pages 127–145.
- Rimvydas Laužikas; Costis Dallas; Suzie Thomas; Ingrida Kelpšienė; Isto Huvila; Pedro Luengo; Helena Nobre; Marina Toumpouri; Vykintas Vaitkevičius Archaeological Knowledge Production and Global Communities: Boundaries and Structure of the Field. Open Archaeology 2300-6560.
Laužikas, R.; Enqvist, J.; Luengo, P.; Šošić-Klindžić, R. & Toumpouri, M. (2022). Discussing archaeology and the nation in six European countries: a discourse analysis. Journal of Community Archaeology & Heritage.