ASSIGNMENTS AND QUIZZES TO LESSON 1
Assignments and quizzes to Lesson 2
Assignments and quizzes to Lesson 3
Assignments and quizzes to Lesson 4
Assignments and quizzes to Lesson 5
Sociolinguistic operationalisation of intensity of contact in a historical case of contact-induced language change:
- Choose a historical case where two languages/varieties have come into contact and where one has influenced the other structurally in a specific regard (e.g. lexicon, phonology, grammar, semantics, pragmatics).
- Specify the period of contact as best as you can, especially regarding when the structural influence occured.
- Illustrate your case with a few examples of structural influence.
- How would you go about determining the “intensity of contact” (as described by Thomason 2001:59-98) between the languages/varieties with the help of social parameters?
- Which types of source materials and data would you consult for your case?
- Prepare a short visual presentation of your case covering points 1-5 above (max. 5 minutes per presentation)