Capturing myth on ancient artefacts
- Datum: –15.00
- Plats: Engelska parken 4-2007
- Föreläsare: Greta Hawes, Associate Professor, Department of History and Archaeology, Macquarie University
- Arrangör: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sista anmälningsdag: 2023-09-11 kl. 12:00.
- Kontaktperson: Victoria Yantseva
- Registreringstiden för detta evenemang har gått ut
MANTO is a LOD resource for ancient Greek myth which models the mythic storyworld through the interactions of people, places, objects and events within it, and through its impacts on the historical landscape. The dataset has until now been built up by capturing data from ancient texts. This seminar will discuss our most recent work on integrating mythic data from ancient artefacts. It will outline some of the challenges of both establishing a corpus of appropriate items, and recognising mythic information in the scenes they represent.