Workshop: Using APIs for online data collection
- Datum: –15.00
- Plats: Engelska parken 4-0027
- Föreläsare: Victoria Yantseva, Research Coordinator, Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences, Uppsala University
- Arrangör: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sista anmälningsdag: 2023-11-29 kl. 12:00.
- Kontaktperson: Victoria Yantseva
- Antal platser: 12 (Varav 12 är bokade)
- Registreringstiden för detta evenemang har gått ut
With the growing availability of online data and so-called “digital traces”, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) can serve as useful tools for researchers in humanities and social sciences to collect such data. By using APIs, scholars can easily and efficiently access such sources as social media platforms and online databases, including government and other kinds of digital archives. At the workshop, we will learn the basics of online data collection using the requests package in Python and will download data from several APIs relevant to social science and humanities domains.
This is an introductory-level workshop, however, basic skills in Python programming are recommended.