InfraVis training: Introduction to GIS
- Datum: –16.00
- Plats: 4-0027
- Föreläsare: Vasiliki Tsoumari, Research Engineer, Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences, Uppsala University
- Arrangör: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sista anmälningsdag: 2023-11-01 kl. 12:00.
- Kontaktperson: Victoria Yantseva
- Antal platser: 12 (Varav 13 är bokade)
- Registreringstiden för detta evenemang har gått ut
This workshop is provided as part of the InfraVis training series.
The workshop provides basic knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS), and how it could be used to effectively communicate information within your specific field of research. It will teach what GIS is and how it is used in everyday life, as well as a more detailed presentation of data types related to spatial data, and general data visualization principles to keep in mind while designing your map. An exercise will be given in basic mapmaking using the open-source software QGIS, allowing you to become familiar with the QGIS interface and to learn how to produce a visually stimulating map on your own. No previous knowledge required.