Workshop: Image analysis: object identification with pre-trained models
- Datum: –16.00
- Plats: Engelska parken 4-0027
- Föreläsare: Dalia Ortiz Pablo, Research Engineer, Centre for Digital Humanities, Uppsala University
- Arrangör: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sista anmälningsdag: 2023-10-11 kl. 12:00.
- Kontaktperson: Victoria Yantseva
- Antal platser: 12 (Varav 12 är bokade)
- Registreringstiden för detta evenemang har gått ut
In this workshop, we will embark on the world of computer vision, exploring how pre-trained models can accurately identify objects within images and videos. Participants will gain an understanding of the underlying concepts and techniques employed by state-of-the-art object identification algorithms. Additionally, they will learn about the practical applications of pre-trained models in various fields, including image classification, and object detection and recognition. Through a series of hands-on exercises, participants will have the opportunity to apply these models to sample datasets, witnessing their remarkable capabilities first-hand. Guidance and best practices will be shared to ensure participants can effectively evaluate and interpret the results of object identification models. This interactive and engaging workshop aims to equip attendees with practical skills and knowledge that they can immediately apply to their own research projects in the humanities and social sciences.
This is an introductory-level workshop; however, some skills in Python programming are recommended.