Digital Humanities Longview Seminar – 2022 Programme Announced
The CDHU is very pleased to announce the programme for the upcoming 2022 Digital Humanities Longview (virtual) seminar series, co-hosted with Stanford University’s Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis (CESTA) and the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities. All seminars will be held on Zoom, in English and at 18.00–19.30 hrs to accommodate time zone differences between Sweden and California.
This year, our focus is on the idea that technology is global, but where we live affects how we apply digital solutions to humanities work, and we will be exploring global digital humanities and the different kinds of “accents” local approaches bring to the practice of digital humanities research.
This seminar series explores those accents by looking at DH research here, and there, and over there too. This is a chance to build greater global awareness and empathy about regional and local approaches to digital humanities in the twenty-first century.
It’s an opportunity for newcomers to understand how the field has developed differently around the globe, and for established practitioners to consider their work as part of a larger movement with competing influences, ambitions, and blindspots.
- 10 March 2022 (18.00): Dr Nirmala Menon (IIT Indore), ‘Decolonizing Knowledge Infrastructures: Open Access and Multilingual Scholarly Publishing’ [Register to attend]
- 7 April 2022 (18.00): Dr Grant Parker (Stanford), ‘Curating enslaved pasts of the Cape of Good Hope’ [Register to attend]
- 21 April 2022 (18.00): Dr Ale Pålsson & Victor Wilson (Uppsala) ‘SWECARCOL. Swedish Caribbean Colonialism 1784–1878: Research, Challenges and Opportunities for Caribbean Digital History’ [Register to attend]
- 5 May 2022 (18.00): Dr Roopika Risam (Salem State University), ‘To be confirmed’ [Register to attend]
- 19 May 2022 (18.00): Professor Tim Williams (UCL), ‘Central Asia and the Role of Digital Heritage Inventories’ [Register to attend]
- 2 June 2022 (18.00): Jessie Loyer (Mount Royal University), ‘To be confirmed’ [Register to attend]
For more information and registration, visit the event site.