Workshop: Temporal text networks
- Date: –15:00
- Location: Engelska parken 4-0027
- Lecturer: Davide Vega, Assistant Professor at the Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University
- Organiser: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Last day of registration: 1/17/2024 at. 12:00 PM.
- Contact person: Victoria Yantseva
- Number of seats: 12 (Of which 10 are booked)
- Registration is closed for this event
Temporal Text Networks are a network model that allows us to describe (online) communication by taking into account all its elements together: who are the actors involved, what texts they exchange and when. They can be used to study in detail the formation and evolution of online conversations across several topics. At the workshop, we will explore the theoretical approach behind temporal text networks and will showcase some real applications, as well as will discuss the possibilities to apply it in the social science and humanities domains.
Davide Vega is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University and a member of the Uppsala University Information Laboratory (UU-InfoLab). He is particularly interested in applying large-scale digital data analysis techniques to study problems with social implications through the lens of online communication.