Seminar: Digital Humanities’ Computational & Data Infrastructure and High Performance Computing
- Date: –15:00
- Location: Engelska parken 4-2007
- Lecturer: Speakers: Miguel A. de Avillez, Professor of Astrophysics, University of Évora, and Carla Ferreira de Castro, Assistant Professor of English Literature, University of Évora.
- Organiser: Centre for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
- Last day of registration: 9/18/2023 at. 12:00 PM.
- Contact person: Victoria Yantseva
- Registration is closed for this event
The High Performance Computing (HPC) Chair is a R&D infrastructure (based at the University of Évora), endorsed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), and involving a consortium of higher education institutions, research centres, enterprises, and public/private organisations. One of the key projects of the HPC Chair is the establishment of a computational, data storage & processing infrastructure for digital humanities in Europe, with access to state-of-the-art supercomputing and artificial intelligence facilities to execute applications and carrying out, e.g., data analytics, corpus analysis, natural language processing, space imagery of archeological sites, digital twins, etc. For the time being the HPC Chair focuses on the DHs fields of digital media art, heritage, literature & linguistics, and tourism. A brief presentation of the Chair and on the existing frameworks for DHs will be made.