GIS Basics – An introduction to GIS and mapping (User training workshop)
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Engelska parken 4-2007
- Lecturer: Linus Eriksson
- Organiser: Centre for Digital Humanities Uppsala
- Last day of registration: 11/22/2022 at. 1:00 PM.
- Contact person: Karl Berglund
- Number of seats: 15 (Of which 15 are booked)
- Registration is closed for this event
The workshop provides basic knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS), and how it could be used to effectively communicate information within your specific field of research. It will teach what GIS is and how it is used in everyday life, as well as a more detailed presentation of data types related to spatial data, and general data visualization principles to keep in mind while designing your map. An exercise will be given in basic mapmaking using the open-source software QGIS, allowing you to become familiar with the QGIS interface and to learn how to produce a visually stimulating map on your own. No previous knowledge required.
Linus Eriksson is a MA in archaeology and a research engineer at CDHU.
This workshop is offered through the Centre for Digital Humanities Uppsala and the National Research Infrastructure for Data Visualization (InfraVis)