Web Scraping Workshop
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Engelska parken 4-0027
- Lecturer: Marie Dubremetz
- Organiser: Centre for Digital Humanities Uppsala
- Last day of registration: 10/18/2022 at. 1:00 PM.
- Contact person: Karl Berglund
- Number of seats: 15 (Of which 17 are booked)
- Registration is closed for this event
Do you want to learn how to gather digital text data on a larger scale from e.g. repositories, newspapers or social media? This workshop will introduce you to the practices of web scraping along with some hands-on examples. It will depart from both tools like webscraper.io (for scraping basic web pages) and python libraries (for scraping e.g. twitter). No previous knowledge required.
Marie Dubremetz is PhD in computational linguistics and research engineer at CDHU.
The workshop takes place physically at CDHU in Engelska Parken, room 4-0027. It is targeted towards scholars and students at Uppsala University and has a limited number of seats. You need to register before the event.