CoLIS 9: Uppsala University | June 27-29, 2016
COLIS 9 HAS CONCLUDED
Also, we would like to give a big congratulations to doctoral students Ina-Maria Jansson (Uppsala University) and Alison Hicks (University of Colorado) who won the CoLIS 9 award for best poster. The award was handed out by Dr. Theresa Anderson (University of Technology, Sydney).
Conceptions of Library and Information Science (CoLIS) is a series of international conferences aiming to provide a broad forum for the exploration and exchange of ideas in the field of Library and Information Science, Information Studies, and related disciplines. It welcomes diverse contributions offering empirical, theoretical and historical perspectives. The 9th conference in the series is organised by the Department of ALM, Uppsala University and the Division of ALM, Lund University and is held in Uppsala, Sweden, in June 27-29, 2016.
The conference’s keynote speakers are:
- Prof. Geoffrey Bowker, University of California, Irvine
- Prof. Louise Limberg, University of Borås
- Assoc. Prof. Pamela McKenzie, University of Western Ontario
We invite authors to submit research papers, short papers, panels, workshops, alternative events and posters.
The theme of the conference is conceptions (including approaches, theories, models) in the field of Library and Information Science (LIS). Contributions may be related to any subfield of LIS including (but not excluding others)
- Information behaviour and information practices
- Knowledge organization
- Information and knowledge management
- Library studies, Archival studies and Museum studies
- Interactive information retrieval
- Information systems
- Information architecture
- Scholarly communication
- Digital literacy and information literacy
- Digital libraries and archives
- Document studies
- Information-oriented social media studies
- Information history
- Bibliometrics, scientometrics, informetrics
- Research data management
- Interaction design and user experience
- Social study of information and STS perspectives on information
- Challenges for heritage institutions
We invite doctoral students to participate in a Doctoral Forum held in connection to the CoLIS 9 main conference. The Doctoral Forum will be free of charge and aims to provide a setting where doctoral students can discuss their research projects with invited senior researchers and fellow Ph.D. candidates. The CoLIS 9 Doctoral Forum will take place on June 26, 2016, at the Department of ALM, Uppsala University.
- January 31, 2016: Deadline for all submissions
- March 1, 2016: Deadline for Doctoral Forum applications
- May 1, 2016: Registration deadline
- June 26, 2016: Doctoral Forum
- June 27-29, 2016: CoLIS
The registration to CoLIS 9 is now closed.
The conference fee is 2 700 SEK (approx. $295 and €270). Ph.D. student participation is discounted to 2 300 SEK (approx. X $250 and €230). The price for the conference dinner is included in the fee, as is participation in the CoLIS 9 Doctoral Forum for Ph.D. students wanting to attend.
Internet access during CoLIS 9 will be available via the Uppsala University eduroam network, accessible to employees of many institutions world-wide. If you are an employee of a participating institution but have yet to configure your devices for eduroam use, please contact your workplace's IT support.
If you won't be able to use the eduroam network, please indicate so in the registration form and we will provide alternative means of accessing the Internet.
The CoLIS 9 programme is now available (current version: 2.0). Please note that the schedule may be updated, so keep an eye on the CoLIS website and the version number of the programme.
The main conference and doctoral workshop events of CoLIS 9 will take place in the English Park Campus, where the Department of ALM is situated. Detailed instructions on how to get to the English Park Campus can be found on the Department of ALM's travel information webpage, including travel by bus, airplane, train, or simply on foot. Please note that timetables and pricing can change, so travellers are encouraged to consult the service providers' websites for the most up-to-date information.
Further, the English Park Campus map is a useful tool for navigating the campus.
- Call for Papers & submission instructions
- Important dates
- Doctoral Forum
- Payment and registration
- Internet access
- Getting to CoLIS 9
- Chair, Prof. Kerstin Rydbeck
- Co-chair, Prof. Olof Sundin
Programme chair (papers), Prof. Isto Huvila
Programme co-chair (papers), Dr. Hanna Carlsson
Programme chair (panels, workshops and other formats), Assoc. Prof. Jutta Haider
International advisory board
- Prof. David Bawden
- Prof. Birger Hjørland
- Prof. Olof Sundin
- Assoc. Prof. Sanna Talja
- Dr. Theresa Dirndorfer Anderson
CoLIS 9 in social media
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond
- Faculty of Arts, Uppsala University
- Swedish Library Association
- Swedish Research Council (through the framework project Knowledge in a Digital World: Trust, Credibility & Relevance on the Web)
- Uppsala University Library
- Uppsala Public Library
- Uppsala County Library
- Facet Publishing
Programme committee and doctoral workshop senior advisors
Questions about the conference should be sent to the conference chair Kerstin Rydbeck (email@example.com) or the co-chair Olof Sundin (firstname.lastname@example.org).