CoLIS 9: Uppsala University | June 27-29, 2016
COLIS 9 PAYMENT REMINDER
Conceptions of Library and Information Science (CoLIS) is a series of international conferences aiming to provide a broad forum for the exploration and exchange of ideas in the field of Library and Information Science, Information Studies, and related disciplines. It welcomes diverse contributions offering empirical, theoretical and historical perspectives. The 9th conference in the series is organised by the Department of ALM, Uppsala University and the Division of ALM, Lund University and is held in Uppsala, Sweden, in June 27-29, 2016.
The conference’s keynote speakers are:
- Prof. Geoffrey Bowker, University of California, Irvine
- Prof. Louise Limberg, University of Borås
- Assoc. Prof. Pamela McKenzie, University of Western Ontario
We invite authors to submit research papers, short papers, panels, workshops, alternative events and posters.
The theme of the conference is conceptions (including approaches, theories, models) in the field of Library and Information Science (LIS). Contributions may be related to any subfield of LIS including (but not excluding others)
- Information behaviour and information practices
- Knowledge organization
- Information and knowledge management
- Library studies, Archival studies and Museum studies
- Interactive information retrieval
- Information systems
- Information architecture
- Scholarly communication
- Digital literacy and information literacy
- Digital libraries and archives
- Document studies
- Information-oriented social media studies
- Information history
- Bibliometrics, scientometrics, informetrics
- Research data management
- Interaction design and user experience
- Social study of information and STS perspectives on information
- Challenges for heritage institutions
We invite doctoral students to participate in a Doctoral Forum held in connection to the CoLIS 9 main conference. The Doctoral Forum will be free of charge and aims to provide a setting where doctoral students can discuss their research projects with invited senior researchers and fellow Ph.D. candidates. The CoLIS 9 Doctoral Forum will take place on June 26, 2016, at the Department of ALM, Uppsala University.
- January 31, 2016: Deadline for all submissions
- March 1, 2016: Deadline for Doctoral Forum applications
- May 1, 2016: Registration deadline
- June 26, 2016: Doctoral Forum
- June 27-29, 2016: CoLIS
The registration to CoLIS 9 is now closed.
The conference fee is 2 700 SEK (approx. $295 and €270). Ph.D. student participation is discounted to 2 300 SEK (approx. X $250 and €230). The price for the conference dinner is included in the fee, as is participation in the CoLIS 9 Doctoral Forum for Ph.D. students wanting to attend.
Internet access during CoLIS 9 will be available via the Uppsala University eduroam network, accessible to employees of many institutions world-wide. If you are an employee of a participating institution but have yet to configure your devices for eduroam use, please contact your workplace's IT support.
If you won't be able to use the eduroam network, please indicate so in the registration form and we will provide alternative means of accessing the Internet.
The schedule will be updated in early May.
Sunday June 26, 2016
09.00-17.00 Doctoral forum.
Afternoon activity: pre-conference reception at the Department of ALM
Monday June 27, 2016
9.30-10.30 Keynote 1
11.00-12.30 Session 1
13.30-15.00 Session 2
15.30-17.00 Session 3
Afternoon activity: Reception at Carolina Rediviva.
Tuesday June 28, 2016
9.00-10.00 Session 4
10.30-12.30 Session 5
13.30-14.30 Keynote 2
15.00-17.00 Session 6
Afternoon activity: Reception at the Uppsala City Library and conference dinner at the orangery of the Linnaeus Garden.
Wednesday June 29, 2016
9.00-10.30 Session 5
11.00-12.30 Session 7
13.30-15.00 Session 8
15.30-16.30 Keynote 3
16.30-17.00 Closing of the conference